Unrestored Impala value - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Unrestored Impala value

hello,
I was hoping to get a general idea of the value of a couple of cars. Both are unrestored and will need a restoration. Neither run, but it doesnt look like it has been too many years since they did. Both are complete and basically straight. Both Impalas have some rust, but are not excessively rusty by any means.

One of the cars is a '64 Impala Super Sport convertible 327 four barrel automatic.

The other car is a '68 SS427 four speed car.

I can find values for the cars finished, but I would like to know about what they would be worth as they are. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by moparman; 09-22-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 11:24 AM

A lot depends on the area they are in (you didn't give that).
The 64's (specially ragtops!) bring some good money in my area, Northern Calif.
The 68's not so much, but having a BB and a few other good options really brings the desirablity rating up fast.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 03:57 PM

Beauty and value is in the eye of the beholder I'm afraid. I would pay more for the '68 Imp because My dad used to have a '68 Caprice with police interceptor package that I used for many a date as my daily driver at the time left a lot of room for improvement in terms of creature comforts (like a seat without a spring poking through). So it has sentimental value to add to the 427 BBC.

Big Dabe

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:30 PM

moparman: You've asked a popular question, and the short answer is the value cannot be determined without really examining your specific cars.

So much depends on the condition of the car, is it numbers matching, is it original, is it correct, is it unrestored, what options are on it, what are the numbers, the codes...on and on (and on).

Anyone who offers you a quick figure without examining these issues doesn't really have any idea at all. That's why the ever popular value guides are so misleading, they give general info only and do not take into account many, many factors specific to anyones' car...and they can't, because there are too many factors to list.

Location does have some bearing on it also! And just as Big Dave pointed out, beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. But if you research your cars to the point where you can answer the questions I listed in detail, you can probably figure out a pretty accurate idea of the value from a collectable standpoint.

If you want or need help with that...decoding or otherwise, just post your questions here. I'll answer any that I can and there are many other good folks on here who can also.

www.1969chevy.com

'69 Impala LM1 F40 J52 M38 C60 N33
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69chevyguy View Post
So much depends on the condition of the car, is it numbers matching, is it original, is it correct, is it unrestored, what options are on it, what are the numbers, the codes...on and on (and on)
You know I should really mention that these points to necessarily add or take away from value...just some things to consider. Some cars are worth far more as excellent unrestored "survivors" while others multiply in value after a restoration...some modified cars or "clones" can be worth far more than some "numbers matching" cars, again depending on the circumstances. Just food for thought.

www.1969chevy.com

'69 Impala LM1 F40 J52 M38 C60 N33
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page