Got a 64 ss can't find much back round - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Got a 64 ss can't find much back round

I have a 1964 ss I got in a trade the owner was younger than me and wouldn't tell me the name of the previous owner etc. I live in Indiana but the car I got it from Wisconsin, however on the title it says previously titled in California. Also the vin reads that made in the la plant in California. The under body is solid not your normal 64. I want to get more info but looks like i'm stuck at knowing that it was titled in California various reasons I want to talk to previous owners. One I love the history of the old car, way I was brought up more than just a car. Two I would know where it spent it's life garaged was it stock any modifactions. Everything looks stock but I'm sure over 46 years somebody tweaked this and that on the car. I hope I'm nor at a dead end on this any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 AM

Finding previous owners of a car is almost impossible. If the person you bought it from won't tell you anything, then the only recourse is state records and most states won't share that info with the public.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=521&dateline=14693626  69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page