Build sheet help? - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Build sheet help?

Can anyone help me decode this build sheet so I know what all my car has?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Build Sheet002.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	2572  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM

I can not because the JPEG has too small a resolution. When I copy it to my desktop, rotate it, and then try and blow it up to were I can see it; I can not read it due to pixelation.

I can comment on the notes section that lists the RPO codes for all of your cars options. I can also state that it is a very heavily optioned car with a Electric clock, Lighting group (includes an Ignition switch light, courtesy floor lights, cigarette lighter with a light, and there is a light in the glove box), Bright trim and Roof moldings, Front Fender lamp, Rear quarter sail panel lamp, Speed warning indicator, Rear window defroster, Rear seat speaker, Power radio antenna, Tinted glass, Deluxe steering wheel, Power steering, Power Brakes, everything you could check off has been just about selected. It probably has more options such as A/C but I can not read the fine print.

Somebody in Pulaski, WA state back when your car was made on 11-21 wanted a Chevrolet engine powered Caddy apparently, and didn't mind paying for it. (it probably would have cost him less to have bought a Fleetwood Cadillac and then installed a Chevy V-8 under the hood; rather than dress up a Chevy to have all of the luxury items found standard on a Caddy).

Big Dave

PS: the only difference between a Pontiac, or an Olds, a Buick, or a Caddy back before 1972 was the standard level of trim offered with that marquee, and the motor that resided under under the hood.

GM killed off the Olds marquee which was the first car GM ever made, along with Pontiac "known by corporate decree as the high performance division", and it's newest division the Saturn (introduced to try out union free assembly lines that relied upon robotics to raise quality in the car to compete with the Jap manufacturers) because with everything having a Chevy LS-x under the hood the different brands were superfluous. The only reason Buick still survives today is because 60% of all GM cars sold are Buicks; they just are not sold in this country. The Chinese love a Buick car which they associate with rich western decadence; not the Cadillac brand which hadn't been imported into China in nearly the same numbers as the cheaper Buick was.

Last edited by Big Dave; 07-02-2012 at 02:57 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

If it will help I can easily send you the original scan that has a much higher pixel ratio and should be much easier to read. I would just like to know what options came with the car and what would need to be done to bring it back to original.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 PM

If you upload your scan to PhotoBucket everyone can look at it full size and you can link it here on this site (that is how all of the pictures you see me post are displayed).

A bucket full of money if everything isn't working or needs to be replaced as many of those options are quite rare even on the higher priced cars.

All Olds, Buick and Caddy's had the ignition light as standard equipment, but they had a different knob (yours can be removed and put in a Buick lighted ignition switch along with your tumblers, but you are looking for a part on a fifty year old used car and there are not that many in bone yards today (and next to no one refurbishes Buicks or old Oldsmobile's when compared to the number working on Chevys).

Your rear defroster is much more uncommon than the ignition switch. I have never seen the sail panel light on anything except a Caddy. I forget what year car you have but the front fender lamps where only seen on 1967 and 1968 Impala and Caprices (more often on Caprices).

Big Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

I have no clue if I did this right or not.

[URL=/www.impalas.net/forums/6-tag-team/"http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w520/Greg_Lane1/?action=view&current=BuildSheet002.jpg"]

[URL=/www.impalas.net/forums/6-tag-team/"http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w520/Greg_Lane1/?action=view&current=photo1.jpg"]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page