post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

what motor do I have

the front flat part of the block says 776425800 May be 327 dont know help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 08:46 PM

What is the number on the drivers rear?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 AM

You didn't give us an idea as to what year you are talking about so I figured I would pull 1967 out of the air. All Chevy motors made since 1957 through 1969 have letters and numbers in the identification code. The first letter tells you which plant (foundry as they are also cast there) made your motor. It will be an F or a V for Flint, a T for Tonawanda, or a K for McKinnon (S is for Saginaw but they were not production engines so everyone calls them S for service replacement). Then there are four numbers (month first then day of the month) finally two letters which is your application code from 1965-'69 (three letters if it was made from 1970-'01 or only a single letter if made from 1958 through 1964).

What you are looking at is your VIN numbers combined with a 1 for a Chevrolet motor; the next number is the year the car was built, and then it should be followed by a single letter to identify where the car was built (not the motor) followed by the last six numbers of the car's VIN.

See if you can take a clear photograph with a digital camera set on the close-up setting (the Flower symbol) and post that.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page