63 cowl tags - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

63 cowl tags

I know some of the info on my cars but i have not been able to complete the de code,, My Blue 63 has O2B at the top of the tag Style is 63 1847 Trim is 812 Has Black interior W/ Buckets and Console and Tach cut out in dash, Paint is 918 and ACC E 2MY 3Z the car appears to be a SS any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Gene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 02:36 AM

Your 1963 was built in the second week (B) of the month of February (02). The 1847 body style tells me your Impala V-8 has a two door sport coupe body (Hard Top) which is half way to a true SS. Your 812 Black Vinyl Bucket seat option wins you the Coupe Doll as being an SS. 918 tells me it left the factory painted Azure Aqua color. The 2M indicates it had a PowerGlide Transmission and the Y after the 2M tells me nothing in my book. The 3Z says it had HD metallic brakes so the person that ordered the car was concerned about being able to stop it from a fast drive.

Big Dave
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, that is a great help. I know that it was built in Atlanta and has Tinted glass, Thanks again Gene

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 AM

Site

Gene, for further information, this site is a wealth of information, this is the accessory tab but look over the entire site;

http://www.348-409.com/acc2.html

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page