69 Impala production run - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

69 Impala production run

New guy here. Not new to the 69 Impala but new to the numbers game. I'm trying to familiarize myself with the 69 Impala TT but really haven't found any rock solid info on line. I have a 69 Z28 and there is a load of info on 3 or 4 of the best websites you can find, but nothing for the Impala unless I have overlooked a website or two.

What was the production run for a 69 Impala from when to when? Looking at my TT, which seems to be the later one, I'm thinking my car was late in the production run. Am I correct? I'm thinking second week on October 69 and not 68. Here's a link with a pic of the TT and the car itself. I couldn't find anything on the 844 interior reference, what type of interior and color would this be considered? Deluxe or standard or?

http://www.impalas.net/forums/showpo...04&postcount=7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 10:09 PM
BA.

dang that looks super-clean and original!!

what is a "TT"?

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA. View Post
dang that looks super-clean and original!!

what is a "TT"?

TT-short for Trim Tag riveted to the firewall behind the brake booster. There is a pic in the link I provided. Yeah, the car is sweet. I just bought it but it's not in my garage yet. Still have to go to Virginia to pick it up.

If you click on my handle '1969Impala' I have all the pics I currently have loaded. When I get the car home to Delaware I'm gonna take a lot of pics. Possibly the most original survivor car I have ever owned. Unless you can call my 97 4 X 4 S10 Z04 a survivor. How old does a vehicle have to be to be considered a survivor anyhow?

"MY IMPALA"

10B 1969 16447 Impala 'Survivor'

"MY Z"
06A 1969 Camaro Z28 'Unrestored'

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to TAR6569
I can help you. 844 is the cloth turquoise interior. The 69 fullsize production run was fromm the very end of August 68 to the very end of July 69 so your car is an early build. What's the vin? I'll add it to my research database. I have one other car in there built same week as yours at Tarrytown, a Caprice 4dr.

Warren
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAR6569 View Post
I can help you. 844 is the cloth turquoise interior. The 69 fullsize production run was fromm the very end of August 68 to the very end of July 69 so your car is an early build. What's the vin? I'll add it to my research database. I have one other car in there built same week as yours at Tarrytown, a Caprice 4dr.

Warren

Warren, you have a PM. I was looking to confirm whether my Impala was an LM1 car and it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG957821.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	3132  

"MY IMPALA"

10B 1969 16447 Impala 'Survivor'

"MY Z"
06A 1969 Camaro Z28 'Unrestored'

Last edited by 1969Impala; 06-17-2013 at 08:51 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 09:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to TAR6569
Thanks for sending that! I've only seen one other 69 Tarrytown window sticker. The font on yours is slightly different than most plants. The LM1/M35 combo is harder to find than LM1/M38. Let's continue the conversation via regular email. Would be a bit easier. Mine is [email protected]

Warren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page