1963 Impala 409 - Original? - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

1963 Impala 409 - Original?

We just completed a total restoration of a 1963 Impala with the 409/340 horse option. We bought the car in Eastern Washington State where it had been sitting since 1985 or longer. It had the original paint and hadn't been wrecked based on condition. When we completed the restoration, we decided we had too much money in it so decided to sell it. We received an email from a buyer that complains that we misrepresented the car and that it isn't an original 409 car. He claims to have 8 "indicators" proving this. The car is listed at hotautoweb.com/63imp409.html. The VIN is 31847J199308 and the Engine stamp is J199308 TQI04QG. I would appreciate it if somebody could explain what they see that leads them to believe it isn't original. I did not use the original float bowl (I do have it) and did not reinstall the fuel return line ( I spoke with Bruce at Show Cars and he believed it wasn't necessary). Thanks for any observations. Grant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:18 PM

That is one fine looking car. Without a build sheet there is noway of knowing for sure. Any thing can be duplicated IMHO. Even then if you didn't buy it new it is tough these days to tell if someone knows what they are doing. If you said this is the way I got and I believe it is real I think that's all you can do. Unless you have proof never say I guarantee it is this or that. That just gets you in trouble.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:25 PM

I'm not sure but weren't the 409's blocks vin coded? I know the 327s weren't but seem to recall the 409's were. Maybe someone here knows for sure.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 12:10 PM

There is a site like this that deals in 348 and 409 stuff. Do a google search see what you come up with. They are the experts on this stuff.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page