1966 Bel Air engine code - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

1966 Bel Air engine code

Hi guys. I went to look at a 66 Belair today with my son. Got a few numbers, but didn't get the trim tag info, so I'll need to go back and get a pic of it later.
I did see DC for the paint and the build date is 11A, I just didn't get the rest.

Engine suffix is T1027GF. Looking at the suffix codes on-line I noticed GF and GT as 283, 195hp, 285 torgue, powerglide, and 2BC, no other info listed. What is the difference between the 2 engines? Anything? I'm thinking the engine is original. Heads have the pointed peak on top of a rectangular box, so I'm thinking powerpack heads? Probably smallish valves.

VIN is 156696Y120334. I have the VIN decoded as a V8 Belair 4 door post sedan built in Wilmington De.

I'm gonna go back maybe tomorrow and take some pics. It looks pretty solid and may have been garage kept. No rust thru on any of the panels where you would think and it has what looks like one repaint, really old too. Asking price is $5000.00.

"MY IMPALA"

10B 1969 16447 Impala 'Survivor'

"MY Z"
06A 1969 Camaro Z28 'Unrestored'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page