lining up signal switch screw holes - Impala Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

lining up signal switch screw holes

replacing signal switch and I can't seem to line up the holes for the screws. I had it once then removed them they won't grab the threads they are not stripped . hard to see throught the hole to line up. Am I not doing something I should be doing ? I want to complete this so I can move on to replacing dash Wiring harness .
thank you in advance for any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

fixed it myself ... no help here again
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 01:40 PM

Sorry no one came to your aid faster. The only "magical" solution I could offer is a screw driver that has a grabbing bit on the end (mechanical not magnetic) to hold the screw firmly while you try and align the parts.

If the screw is made of low carbon steel it is probably magnetic enough to be held with a magnetized screw driver bit. But 304 stainless, nylon plastic, or brass fasteners require a screw starter (what the gripping screw driver is called) to get a screw started.

Otherwise it is just a frustrating keep on trying. Just think what I have to go through with hands as big as mine. I can not even pick up some screws as they are too small for my fingers to grasp, and my hand won't fit into many places in a car.

Big Dave

Last edited by Big Dave; 11-03-2015 at 09:58 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

yeah I got it . Thank you Big Dave, just lucky I guess . next reinstall front signal housings.Drop tank check out sending unit . I want to settle up with signal housings before I start to rewire dash . I don't want to open up another can of worms . I belive I may be a victim of your 2k paint theory. They painted the dash also . I think I'm moving pretty good on my project .Seeing I work 110+ hours a week .....
Thanks again for your wisdom .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page