Custom Power Steering Hose - Impala Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Custom Power Steering Hose

Anyone know of a place that can make a stock appearing power steering hose? With my new March pulley setup and PS pump I need to fab up a new hardline and I just can't find a place online that will do this or can even try.

The other odd question is what thread size is the inverted flare on the gear box of my 1967? The new Tuff Stuff pump is a 5/8-18 invert and the return line on the gear box is the same..5/8-18. The pressure side is bigger, when I mic it out it looks to be about a 11/16-18 which is odd. All of the parts I looked at were 5/8 for the press and 7/16 for the return.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 11:47 AM

There are three companies that make up new hydraulic hose to fit any application in Tampa. Most big cities have one or two. All you have do is to Google "hydraulic hose". Agriculture and trucks depend upon hydraulic hose repair shops to stay in business so there will be one near you.

Just do not use a braided stainless steel covered rubber hose as that will not withstand the high side pressure. There are braided lines that will but they are bought as high pressure lines, not the cheap Chinese made hose from the discount automotive supply houses.

Big Dave
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

I wish it was that easy, I have called all of my local hydraulic shops (and my family is in the heavy equipment world) and none of these places will mess with inverted flares or bending hardline to crimp to the hose. If you have a good place in Tampa that will ship let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page